dilluns, 30 de gener del 2017

SELF-EVALUATION OF ORAL PRESENTATION

I recall some posts before I talked about my research project titled Learning Spelling and the presentation of my project to examining board. Besides in English subject we had to present it too, that is why I write this post. The students must record us doing the presentation to our classmates and then evaluate it. 

In the first place I will evaluate the how was the presentation, then got was my body language and eye contact.  All together I will evaluate the structure of my presentation, the content and the language I used. Finally I will evaluate the pronunciation and intonation I used during the presentation. All these sections I'll evaluate below I will do it watching the video which you can see it also in this writing. 

When I was talking about my research project I accompany with a new type of powerpoint that I found in net. The powerpoint was focused in my topic where my classmates could see images and the key words of my project to understand it. Moreover, the presentation lasted the adequate time that was laid down between five to ten minutes, anyways I believe it longs nine minutes so I explain it within the set time. 

On the video I could see I was looking all the time to my classmates and even on occasionally I did they participate answering some questions I asked them. However I read the notes twice during the presentation because my mind had gone blank. Despite this defect, I think my body language and eye contact was quite right. 

The structure of the presentation was suitable due to the research project I did before. Firstly I explained the theoretical part and I showed them who I had verified it with my practical part. On the beginning I let know them which was my objectives and on the end I told them which was my conclusions. For these reasons my opinion is that the structure and content was the correct once. 

Actually it seems to my that all the presentation was brilliant except for a section which is my weakness. It is the pronunciation and intonation, I really believe I know enough the language because I know who use grammar, my vocabulary is varied and I haven't any problem with the use of connectors or fillers. Although I made some mistakes with grammar because I was so nervous, but it was mistakes which I can resolve without any problem. The issue is I don't speak fluid, it is why I think the words in my native language and then I translate it. It difficult my speaking however my pronunciation is quite good and my tone isn't monotone, that is to say, I change the tone during I was speaking. 

To sum up, it is my self-evaluation of my research project. The topic was easy and I worked with it a lot of time, and as I see my presentation was brilliant except my pronunciation because I was nervous and my tongue get tangled up. 

Here I leave you the video of my presentation for if you wish to evaluate it. 



Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada