dijous, 26 de gener del 2017

CASTELLÓ D'EMPÚRIES

Have you ever stopped to think if you despide your town ? Well, I've done it often and these last days I went over the town for appreciate the magnificient town where I live. My village is called Castelló d'Empúries, it belongs to Spain in the autonomus community of Catalonia, in the province of Girona. 

The counts of Empúries move to Castelló d'Empúries form Sant Martí d'Empúries on the 11th century because pirates often attacked them there and they wanted to change the localitation of their country. So, Castelló became the capital of the country d'Empúries during centuries. 

For this time, the medieval times Castelló mainly lived by commercial sector, craftwork and administration of the Counts. The village began to increase and the town had to expand. On the 18tn, 19th and 20th centuries Castelló lived by agriculture and cattle industry. Finally during the 20th century Castelló underwent a major transformation because built Empuriabrava, a residential marina, which develop tourism. 

These days that I was investigating the town I found some monuments that I didn't know what was their origin or monumnets that I didn't know that their exist. This monuments are: 

A Carline tower: Was built for protect the town from carlines during the second half of the 19th century. The November of 1784 the carlines won a battle called The Fire of Castelló which caused the ruin because the village was burned. 





The market: It is a 15th gothic building. Some authors said that it are remains of a market which complemented the central one, and other authors said that it are remains of the major hospital of Castelló founded in 1252.




Basilica Maria del Mar: It is a gothic church located in the ancient city center. The church that we see today is a building constructed avobe a romanic church. 













This three monumnets are the once that I like most. But there are more monuments in my town that are awesome, so I invite you to come and visit my medieval town.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada